Friday 26 September 2014

Our Social Justice Class Guidelines for empathic interactions


Guidelines for Social Justice 12 – 2014/15

When we are working together in our Social Justice class, we will….

§  Be inclusive/use inclusive language
§  Respect others’ opinions
§  Be willing to change your mind
§  Take risks
§  Be open minded to new experiences and views
§  Be motivated, committed, engaged, and encouraging
§  Be non-judgmental
§  Debate appropriately and use acceptable language
§  Listen with an open mind (active)
§  Non-confrontational (make love not war)
§  Think outside the circle
§  There are no wrong answers
§  Try your best
§  Participate, interact & cooperate
§  Be supportive
§  Have fun in context
§  Remain positive
§  TRUST others


 If the discussion gets heated, or I am offended…..
                       
v We have the right to “cool down,” step out and regroup
v I may use the “diary” room to record my feelings privately
v I will try to share my feelings to have them acknowledged
v I will use my coloured cards to indicate my feelings in an animated disucussion, when appropriate
v I will anonymously record my feelings and place a note in the “feelings box,” to be read by the SJ moderator and for the class to acknowledge them collectively (group apology)
v If there is all out anarchy, I am permitted to use the bell (auditory signal) to pause the class and restore order

No comments:

Post a Comment